hosted by Peranakan Palace
The temperature is rising and here at the Peranakan Palace, we are celebrating the arrival of summer in true Baba-style.
So what is it that the Peranakan do when we need to celebrate? Well, we host a feast that's what!
So come and join me for a summertime feast on the 8th August (Saturday) at 7pm.
On the menu:
- Achar (Nyonya veggie pickles with fragrant spice paste)
- Nyonya Pork Satay with traditional peanut and pineapple sauce
- Pulut Panggang (Chargrilled Spicy prawns in glutinous rice rolls )
- Nyonya Mee Siam (Spicy Rice Vermicelli)
- My signature 16 hrs Slow Braised Ox Cheek Rendang (Slow cooked ox cheek in spice paste and coconut milk)
- Sambal Babi (Spicy Pork belly in piquant sauce)
- Sayur Lodeh (Vegetable stew with coconut gravy)
- Nasi Ulam (Nyonya Aromatic Herbed Rice)
.....plus a few refreshing Nyonya kuihs/puddings to cool things off
This is a BYOB event so feel free to bring along any drinks that tickle your fancy.
Expect loads of food and do come hungry...you have been warned.
See you there!