We are a social enterprise that brings you homemade food freshly prepared by unemployed and underemployed women, who have mastered cooking authentic, ethnic cuisines by cooking for their families.
WE PROVIDE TRAINING AND PAID JOBS FOR UNEMPLOYED/UNDEREMPLOYED WOMEN:
- Over 1.12 million women in the UK are unemployed, the highest this figure has been in recent years
- Unemployment is particularly high in women from ethnic minority backgrounds.
- We provide flexible paid employment opportunities and support to build upon their skills and confidence.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
We work with community groups, women’s organisations and job centres to reach out to women who can benefit from this opportunity. These are women who have no formal qualifications, language barriers and lack confidence, which holds them back from getting entry-level jobs.
We know they’re amazing cooks but they will need the necessary certification to work in a professional environment. So we provide fully-subsidised training and support for the women to obtain a Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate from the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health.
To make the transition from home to professional kitchen as easy as possible, an experienced chef will guide them through this process and help them harness their skills in order to work in a commercial kitchen.
Now they’re fully equipped, oozing with confidence and raring to go, we provide these super-talented women with employment. This is the part where you get to eat delicious, authentic homemade food and meet the women who made it.
WE BRING YOU DELICIOUS HOMEMADE FOOD:
- Authentic, ethnic dishes made by women who have been cooking for years.
- Sharing recipes that have been passed down for generations.
- A cultural exchange through a unique culinary experience.