hosted by Leiths School of Food & Wine
Extract from Leiths website:
Learn how to preserve the autumn’s bounty in this essential master class. In this introduction to the basic principles of jam, jelly and chutney making, you will learn about selecting produce, sugar proportions, pectin, methods of testing for setting point and storing produce.
As well as an Apple and blackberry jam, you will produce a Bramley lemon curd an ‘Allotment’ chutney and an onion marmalade, and learn the secrets of making fruit leather, jellies and piccalilli. This promises to be a fruitful day for cooks of all abilities.
The day starts with coffee and pastries followed by a short demonstration. You will go on to cook through the recipes in pairs. At the end of the class, a light lunch will be served.
What the day involves:
* Coffee & pastries on arrival
* All ingredients are provided and weighed out for you in advance
* Unless otherwise specified, classes are a combination of a talk or demo, then plenty of hands-on cooking
* Wine is supplied at lunch to accompany the meal you have cooked
* Any food not eaten can be taken home
* Unless otherwise stated, a light lunch is provided for classes where students have not cooked a meal
* A recipe booklet
* All guests are assisted by Leiths teachers
* We do the washing up
What you need to bring: