hosted by Coconut Kitchens
Come and learn 'Hands-On' how easy it is to prepare a tasty and balanced meal suitable for both Vegans and Vegetarians.
It is said that "Southern India is the cradle of vegetarianism", come and find out and lets have a debate about this and perhaps agree to disagree!
No experience necessary, if you have enthusiasm for food then that's all you need!
Conducted by Prakash a professional chef. When cooking is done, sit around and enjoy your creations with a glass of wine (suitable for Vegans also provided) and socialise.
At the end of the lesson you will have the confidence to cook these dishes at home. Invite your friends over and show them your culinary talents.
Class will last for 3 - 3.5 Hrs. You will make the following;
1. Green Banana (Vaalakai) Spicy Fritters - Tamil Nadu Style with Chilli...
2. Aubergine (Katharikai) & Potato Dish - Tamil Nadu Style with Tamarind, Chillies,Coconut Milk with a dash of unrefind sugar...
3. Ladies Fingers (Vendikai / Okra) Dish - Kerala Style with lime and ...
4. Red Lentil (Parippu / Dal) Dish - Goa Style with tomato, Turmeric...
5. Basmati Rice
6. Payasam - sprinkeled with raisins and roasted cashew nuts...
A popular Dessert in Kerala / Tamil Nadu / Karnataka / Andra.
Cost: £79.00 / per person OR £140 / two persons.
Includes all ingredients, recipe sheets, dinner, wine and drinks.
In addition, as our complements we will give you spices to take home enough to make three or four dishes.
Classes are limited to a maximum of 12 people.