hosted by Medeia Cohan
Part of the #MyLondonSupperclubs dinner series celebrating diversity through food in the face of Brexit, this supper club is a wonderful collaboration of three passionate home cooks from very different, but equally food-focused cultures.
All three chefs are cooking traditional dishes that are classic home comfort food within their homes and loved by their families. The evening will also feature speakers from both traditions discussing the ties that bind both faiths and the importance of the role of food.
Come break bread and celebrate our cultural and religious similarities and differences over some delicious and diverse dishes. Don't forget to come hungry as there are many dishes to try.
Everyone, regardless of faith, culture or heritage is most welcomed to attend. Come break bread and celebrate our cultural and religious similarities and differences.
This colourful, delectable dinner will include:
- Besan Pakoras: onion and spinach bhaajis (Vegan, Glutenfree)
- Mini qeema-aaloo samosas: mini samosas with a spiced filling of chicken mince and potatoes with green peas
- Matzo Ball Soup (also known as Jewish penicillin): dumpling in clear broth with veggies (Vegetarian)
- Potato Latkes: potato pancakes with homemade applesauce and sour cream (Vegetarian)
- Chicken Pulao: A one-pot chicken and rice dish cooked in a spicy tomato broth (Veg option: Paneer, available on request)
- Noodle Kugle: warm noodles, sweet cheeses, raisins and cinnamon (Vegetarian)
- Raita: sweet and spicy yoghurt dip with mint, tomato and pomegranate seeds (Vegetarian, Gluten-free)
- Israeli Salad: finely sliced, fresh, veggie salad (Vegan)
- A lightly sweet, traditional vermicelli pudding with almonds and pistachios
- Hamentashenn & Coconut Macaroons: An assortment of traditional Jewish biscuits, pastry triangles with jam filling and sweet coconut balls with chocolate