hosted by Food At Heart
SOLD OUT! But please get in touch if you're interested in future dates or a private booking...
Channel your inner Willy Wonka and join me for a flavour-filled session of chocolate experimentation!
The Joy Of Chocolate celebrates eating chocolate in a more connected and delicious way. We’ll focus on the taste of different chocolates and experiment with some surprising, but tasty flavour combinations using beautiful Pump St bean-to-bar chocolate*.
Chocolate is an amazing ingredient with hundreds of flavour compounds – even more than wine. This makes it the ideal food to taste with total focus so you can explore its many levels, including how to combine it with other ingredients. And chocolate is extra delicious when you eat the really good stuff.
The Joy Of Chocolate blends fun and focus. As well as designing and creating chocolate treats, you’ll learn how to taste chocolate properly (which involves more than just munching) and pay attention to different senses while doing it. We also explore sweet and savoury aspects of cacao to give you a fully rounded appreciation of this wonderful ingredient.
There will be chocolate mouthfuls to enjoy on the day, plus treats to take home.
Your feelgood flavour adventure includes:
- Guided chocolate tasting, with different percentages and different origins of dark chocolate
- Flavour combining with chocolate and a range of tasty ingredients (herbs, spices, nuts, dried fruits and more...)
- Tips for tempering chocolate to give you the perfect snap and shine for your own creations
- A few minutes of silent tasting to finish the class
On the chocolate menu in September is:
– Chocolate Fruit & Nut Mendiants: create delicious discs of chocolate topped with fruit, nuts and fun flavours from your tasting experiments
– No Bake Crunchy Choc Slice: a bespoke ‘no bake’ chocolate filled with a mix of cacao ingredients (chocolate, cacao powder, cocoa butter and cacao nibs), plus your own pinches of flavour
– Cacao Balsamic Vinegar: an unusual balsamic chocolate combination that’s delicious drizzled over salads and fruit. You’ll make your own bottle to take home
Ingredients are organic and seasonal where possible. The chocolate used in the session is dairy free dark chocolate. Please let me know if you have any dietary requirements.
*Pump St chocolate is one of the very best British chocolates. It’s much higher quality than what you’ll normally get to use in chocolate making classes – but it’s the chocolate I use for my own products and it’s so delicious that I want to give you the chance to taste it!
Meredith, founder of Food At Heart, runs events to help you explore eating in a more connected, mindful and a delicious way.
Class sizes are kept small, with a maximum of 8 people, so everyone has the chance to get involved.