hosted by The Wyld Cookery School
The Essentials course brings cooking back to basics and builds recipes and skills over the week. By the end of the course, our experienced, qualified, professional teachers will make sure you come away having learnt to:
- Produce a basic white sauce and the recipes that this unlocks
- Craft home baked breads, cakes and puddings
- Create good honest dishes like lasagne, risotto and chicken pie
- Perfect your signature gravy and killer roasts
- Cater on a budget and get creative with leftovers
- Present your gorgeous food in an attractive manner - no more slopping on the plate please!
- Plan healthy balanced nutritional & seasonal meals that you can do on a student budget
- Host a supper party with your fellow students - your friends or family will enjoy a three course meal with canapes created by all of you.
Ideal for anyone about to go to college or university, leaving halls of residence or simply leaving home and left to cook for themselves. The week gives you hands-on, fun experience resulting in you being confident in the kitchen.
Great news is that the Wyld Cookery School is an Approved Activity Provider for the residential section of the Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award and this five day four night course with evening activities (such as sushi making and wine tasting), will tick the DofE box whilst giving you great grounding in one of life's core skills. (The 4 nights DB&B is an additional £125.)
By the way you will leave with a snazzy apron, mug and your own Wyld Cookery School Cook Book which will keep you inspired and popular with those hungry friends.
The course is suitable for vegetarians, gluten, nut and dairy intolerant - just let us know so we can adapt our recipes accordingly.