hosted by Rock Bakehouse
Royal Icing is an elegant way to decorate cakes and cupcakes. This class is suitable for absolute beginners or intermediates who would like to perfect their royal icing and piping skills.
In this class you will:
- Learn how to bake a batch of cupcakes from scratch. We will work together to create a perfect batch of cupcakes for you to decorate
- Learn how to dome your cupcakes and top with sugarpaste for a neat finish
- Make royal icing. We’ll talk you through the different ways to make royal icing and make a batch ready to use
- Learn all about the different nozzles to use as well as make greaseproof paper piping bags
- Get tips on how to pipe correctly
- We will: pipe spots and learn how to avoid getting peaks, pipe lines, learn how to flood shapes ready to top your cupcakes, learn the art of brush embroidery and how to write effectively with royal icing
- Use stencils to create a stunning design on your cupcakes
Be able to ask any question you may have about cake and cake decorating
The class starts at 10am and you’ll have a break for lunch before finishing at approximately 4pm. You’ll need to bring a packed lunch but tea, coffee and water will be supplied throughout the day.
We provide a fun and relaxing atmosphere in all our classes. Our small class sizes also ensure you get one to one attention so that you get the most out of the session. In each class you’ll learn all the tricks of the trade, get to practice the techniques you’re shown and go home with new found skills which you will be able to use time and time again.
A recipe and information sheet will be provided for you to take home plus your twelve cupcakes!