hosted by Rock Bakehouse
Cupcakes are the perfect addition to any party and in this class you will learn how to create a selection of novelty cupcakes. The class is suitable for beginners and intermediates who would like to learn how to make cupcakes as well as decorate them with novelty figures.
In this class you will:
- Learn how to bake a batch of cupcakes from scratch. We will work together to create a perfect batch of cupcakes for you to decorate
- Learn about sugarpaste, modeling paste and florist paste – the uses for each and how to work with them
- How to colour the various pastes and how to create the perfect colour palette
- Learn all there is know about making characters for cakes
- Make a selection of characters and objects for your cupcakes
- How to use a selection of different equipment to make a selection of characters
- Learn how to add life to your animals and characters to create fun toppers for your cupcakes
- Learn how to paint onto your cakes to create an animal print topper
- Learn how to layer up sugarpaste to create a zebra print topper
- Learn how to decorate your cupcakes to create a theme for your characters
- Decorate your twelve cupcakes to create a show stopping circus theme set of cupcakes
- Be able to ask any question you may have about cupcakes and cake decorating
The class starts at 10am and you’ll have a break for lunch before finishing at approximately 4pm. You’ll need to bring a packed lunch but tea, coffee and water will be supplied throughout the day.
We provide a fun and relaxing atmosphere in all our classes. Our small class sizes also ensure you get one to one attention so that you get the most out of the session. In each class you’ll learn all the tricks of the trade, get to practice the techniques you’re shown and go home with new found skills which you will be able to use time and time again.
A recipe and information sheet will be provided for you to take home plus your twelve cupcakes!