hosted by Kusina Ni Lola
Celebrating the launch of Kusina ni Lola, Filipina cook Rowena Sison-Young brings a Filipino feast to Tooting Market on Saturday 19th October 2013.
Every Filipino loves a good fiesta and what makes a good fiesta? Delicious food, exotic drinks and lots of dancing! So come and join us and bring your family, friends and neighbours along for what will surely be an evening of gastronomic delight...Filipino style!
An exciting venue that recently hosted a Mexican pop up, don't miss out on what promises to be a different night in a unique setting!
Dinner with a welcome cocktail, learn to roll your own spring rolls and play a traditional Filipino party game!
Sari-saring Lumpia - A celebration of all things spring roll!
- Shanghai: Traditionally long, thin & generously filled with a delicious duo of minced pork & carrot filling. Accompanied by a soy sauce & lime dip.
- Sotanghon: Filled with one of Philippines’s famous ‘pancit’ dish, using vermicelli noodles, shrimps, beansprouts, carrots & green beans. Accompanied by a homemade sweet & sour dip.
- Sariwa: A chicken & vegetable filling cocooned in a fresh spring roll wrapper layered with lettuce leaves & generously drizzled with a peanut & garlic sauce.
Served with jasmine rice
- Munggo Guisado: This is a hearty stew, showcasing the earthy flavour & texture of mung beans cooked with ginger, garlic and onions and the not so traditional but oh so yummy vegetarian sausages!
- Bicol Express: Not one for the faint hearted, a coconut pork curry cooked with shrimp paste and laden with unapologetically copious amounts of birds eye chillis. There will be a pint of milk ready for the unprepared!
- Adobong Manok: Unmistakably the dish that every Filipino living overseas yearns for! Chicken cooked in vinegar, soy sauce, bay leaves & whole black peppercorns.
- Piña, buko at rum: Pineapple upside down cake & coconut macaroons drizzled with a ‘kick of rum’ syrup!
Vegetarian options are available. Please contact email@example.com for a vegetarian menu.
Cash bar available for wine, beer, cocktails and soft drinks. Water given on all tables.