hosted by Tantie Lorraine’s Kitchen
The class begins with welcome drinks, baked goodies and a chat. By the end of the class, you will have learned to make;
- Carribbean Rum Cake - Every Caribbean island has their version of this cake, which is traditionally used as the base for wedding cakes, however it is most famously served at Christmas.
- Coconut Sweetbread - A traditional coconut and dried fruit bread from Trinidad.
- Ponche a Creme - Ponche de Creme (or Punch a Crema) is a Trinidadian Christmas staple, its our version of eggnog.
- Sorrel Drink - This drink is ubiquitous with Christmas throughout the Caribbean. Christmas without Sorrel is just not possible.
- Mango & Pineapple Chow - A classic Trinidadian street food snack found everywhere on the islands, similar to salsa. Eaten as a snack or with your Christmas breakfast ham.
At the end of the class you will leave with a hamper filled with the goodies that you’ve made, the recipes and the skills to recreate them at home.
NB: Due to the possibility of cross contamination of ingredients, classes are not suitable for anyone with food allergies
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
No ID requirement, minimum age 16 years.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Free parking available onsite or 4 hours parking at the Sainsbury's Savacentre across from the venue. Nearest stations are Colliers Woods and South Wimbledon. Here's a link to map and directions to the address http://www.mertonabbeymills.org.uk/find-us-contact/
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
You can email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Yes printed or electronic will be fine.
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
You can transfer to the other session, but not another date.
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn't match the person who attends?
Yes, that is fine, but please email details beforehand.