hosted by Beer Academy
Extract from Beer Academy website:
* Beer Sommelier
* Advanced Course
* Foundation Course
* How to Judge Beer
* Making Beer & Food Dance
* 90 Minute Tasting Sessions
* Gift Vouchers
* Courses Feedback
How To Judge Beer (Half Day)
A half-day Beer Academy training course designed to help professionals, enthusiasts and beginners understand how to assess and judge the quality and style of a beer. This knowledge can be used to enhance the experience and enjoyment of tasting beer as well as preparing judges in beer competitions for the processes and standards required.
1. Flavour; taste; aroma; smell - what do we mean?
- using the senses - sight, taste,
2. Where do beer flavours come from?
Raw materials - brewing - fermentation - maturation
3. Identifying the major flavour contributors in beer
- the flavour wheel - terminology - the language of flavour
4. Beer defects - flavours in the wrong place!
5. Beer styles
- where do they come from?
- how do we define them?
6. How do beer competitions work?
- how to prepare - practical tips
- panel interactions and protocols
The courses will be held at a range of venues around the UK with the London venue being The White Horseat Parsons Green.
Every course will be delivered by one of the Beer Academy's renowned tutors all of whom are Master Brewers and experienced Beer Tasters and Judges.
Class costs £65 + VAT