Join us for an interactive Workshop on the art and science of chocolate and confectionery with a focus on that phenomena The Salted Caramel.
Sea Salted Caramels are our most popular confection and over the years it has become apparent that Salt when combined with Sugar (especially burnt sugar) makes people do things they wouldn't normally do in public :) .
Led by master chocolatier Anthony Ferguson, we will explore all aspects of this confection from its history to actual, hands on production.
In this workshop, we will address the following:
- Get to the heart of the matter: How did the Sea Salted Caramel craze start and why is it such a big deal?
- Ingredients: What goes into those addictive little treats?
- Process: How we transform the ingredients into something special? From Caramel Sauce to Bon Bons
- Finishing: To dip or not to dip (in chocolate) that is the question. This will include a discussion and demo on chocolate tempering
- Alternatives: Substituting ingredients and altering the approach (includes Vegan Salted Caramels)
- Make it:
- Roll up your sleeves, tighten your aprons and make salted caramels. This is where we will spend most of our time as you will make our classic caramels, spiced rum & hazelnut salted caramels, pomegranate & almond salted caramels, caramel sauce or a vegan salted caramel.
- Share: Take home a few treats to share (or not)
There will be a light lunch served.
This is the first in a series of workshops that we will use to demystify chocolate and confectionery making.
Detailed directions and pre-event instructions will be sent with the booking confirmation. Please print and bring your receipt with you to the workshop.
Groups of 4 or more eligible for a 10% group discount. Please inquire when booking.