hosted by KERB
September is the new school year, but KERB’s got a different kind of education on offer and it tastes a bit streetie.
After the great success of our workshops in November and March, we are opening up the KERB doors once again for another invaluable all day look into this world; revealing plenty of juicy nuggets and secrets of what it takes to succeed on the kerb.
Come with a thirsty mind, a massive notebook and the curiosity to know more about this much written about but little known industry - by the people who do it.
Date: Sunday September 1st
Time: 10am-6pm (with drinks after for those who like drinks after)
Location: The Exchange, London Bridge Street, SE1
Confirmed speakers for the day are:
- KERB founder Petra Barran
- The culture of the industry and what makes it tick
- Street Kitchen's Mark Jankel
- sourcing, ingredients and suppliers
- The Rib Man
- from teen-age butcher to London street food legend - his story
- The ‘Godfather of Street Food’, Nick Friedman (Jamon Jamon)
- operations, Health & Safety must-knows and trading gold dust
- Market and Thames Festival manager, Barny Crockford
- what the event organiser looks for and how to pitch for success
- The magic man of the KERB, Angus Denoon of The Everybody Love Love Jhal Muri Express
- It’s all about the food and the human connection
+ a few other gems to be announced
Breakfast, lunch and tea will be provided by some of our favourite KERBanists
Here are some testimonials from our previous workshops:
"Thanks for the Sunday workshop - it was really amazing. Like, really really amazing. Didn't know what to expect but just blown away by it all".
Kelvin Cheung, Food Cycle
"The workshop was a blast! Not only did I pick up invaluable nuggets of insider street trading insights from kit gear to food sourcing, I had a great time meeting like-minded foodies and discussing all things edible."
Michael Gratz, Prairie Fire BBQ
"If it was easy everyone would do it" was Petra's mantra. The workshop and all it's speakers really hammered that point home...A great balance of speakers...It's really got me thinking about my next steps. A must for anyone serious about entering the industry".
"Would I recommend someone else to attend this workshop? Yes, I'm sure they would love it just as much as me".