hosted by Tantie Lorraine’s Kitchen
The class will consist of step by step cooking and demonstrations. Over 3.5 hours you will learn to make authentic Caribbean canapes using fresh ingredients whilst sipping cocktails.
You will learn to make the following;
- Accra - every island has a version of this saltfish dish with a different name.
- Sweetcorn fritters - vegetarian/ vegan version of a Barbadian fish cake.
- Jeera Chicken Wings - staple of Trinidad honouring the East Indian influences. Can also be made with pork, chicken necks or beef.
- Jerk Pepper Shrimps - my take on a Jamaican party staple
Also the following dips to accompany
- Tamarind Dip
- Curry Mango Sauce
- Making fresh Green Seasoning Marinade
- Making fresh Jerk Seasoning
- Seasoning and marinading the Caribbean way
We’ll provide all ingredients and containers to take your food home as well as the recipe. Just bring an apron and comfy shoes (there might be some dancing)