hosted by Ms. Cupcake
Ms. Cupcake started her business baking up cakes at home and selling them at markets around London in 2010. In this class she offers you all the information you need to start selling your own products at markets around London. Market trading offers makers the unique opportunity to have a ‘shop front’ without having to fork out lots of start-up funds or locking themselves into a long-term lease.
* The different markets in and around London
* The difference between council and privately run markets
* Regular weekly markets vs. one-off special events
* Finding the ‘right’ market for your product
* How to get a pitch at the market of your choice (this includes up to date information from markets around London and what types of products they are looking to have in their markets right now)
* Licences, insurance and trading regulations
* Market costs and financial concerns
* What equipment you will need to set up your stall and where to get it
* How to make your stall stand out from the rest
* Dealing with other traders and market politics
* Staffing your stall
* Weather and seasonal considerations
* How to know when a market isn’t ‘working’ for you
This 2 hour seminar will give you all the practical knowledge you need to get out there and start trading!