Terms and Conditions
the site refers to the 'Edible Experiences' website run by Edible Experiences Ltd at any and all URLs that it is published on the internet.
we, our and us refer to Edible Experiences Ltd, Company No. 07631817 registered in England and Wales.
1. Accuracy of Experience Listings
- To the extent possible, we seek to ensure that event listing details are accurate at the time of publication.
- However, we accept no responsibility for the accuracy of the listings on the site.
- If you do find information that is incorrect or inaccurate, we politely request that you email email@example.com so that we can update the relevant listing.
- It is your responsibility to verify experience details when booking directly with an experience host.
- We accept no liability if you miss a booked event or lose earnings due to discrepancies in experience listing information published on the site.
- Opinions expressed in reviews published on the site do not necessarily reflect our views or those of our employees.
- We reserve the right to remove reviews and blog posts that we view as abusive, libellous or spam.
3. Experience Hosts
We reserve the right to remove any and all listings of an experience host, or their profile, if we deem their content to be inappropriate for this website. Inappropriateness includes but is not restricted to:
- Experiences of an adult nature.
- Content that infringes upon copyright or trademarks of a 3rd party.
- Content that is misleading or offensive.
- Content that we deem to be spam.
4. Intellectual Property
- We make no claim of ownership of the content of individual listings or reviews that appear on this site. Each of these is owned by whoever wrote it.
- However, the database of listings taken as a whole, along with categorising information, is copyright Edible Experiences Ltd 2011
- You may not copy or reproduce the website or database in whole or in significant part without obtaining our explicit permission beforehand and also the permission of any copyright holders of any content within that you wish to copy.
- By uploading a review, you automatically grant us a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty free license to publish that review on the site.
- By uploading content for your listings, you automatically grant us a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty free license to publish that content on the site.
- This website uses the Instagram™ API and is not endorsed or certified by Instagram or Burbn, inc. All Instagram™ logos and trademarks displayed on this website are proprty of Burbn, Inc.
5. Your Privacy
- You do not need to create an account on the website to browse listings and reviews on the website.
- You need to create an account, which includes registering a username and email address, for the following activities:
- Making an event booking.
- Writing a review about an event that you attended.
- If you create an account:
- Your email address will never be made visible to members of the public on the Edible Experiences website.
- You agree to your email address being used to communicate with you for account maintenance purposes.
- You may, at your discretion, opt in to receiving our regular newsletter and if so you agree your email address will be used for this.
- If you make an event booking, your email address, and those of your guests, will be shared with the host of that event.
- If you join a waiting list for an event, your email address will be shared with the host of that event.
- We will not share your email address or other personal information with any other third parties (i.e. except event hosts as specified above) without your explicit permission.
- Some events may have spaces available for booking directly on the website.
- Each bookable event is run by a specialist host whom we partner with to provide the experience.
- To make a booking you will need to create an account on the site.
- You must provide the names of all people in your group for whom you have booked spaces.
- We will provide the names of people in your group and their email addresses (if provided) to the host running the event.
- Entry to the event will be restricted to the names appearing on the guest list.
- You, and members of your group should be prepared to show identification so that the host can verify your names against the guest list supplied by us.
- You may update the names of people in your group before the event by logging in to the website and editing your booking details.
- It is your responsibility to make sure the names of guests in your group is correct.
- All specified payments must be successfully completed before a booking is considered complete and confirmed.
- All credit card and/or payment information is handled by a 3rd party PCI-DSS approved payment gateway provider who are under obligation to keep it secure.
- We do not handle or store any of your credit card information on our systems at any point.
When you make a confirmed booking, we will:
- Display a printable confirmation web page.
- Email a confirmation with event details to you the purchaser.
- Email other people in your group with event details if you have provided us with their email addresses.
- Email a reminder to you with event details 3 days before the event.
- Email you if any key details of the event are changed (You will have the right to cancel your booking in the case, see "Cancellations & Refunds").
- Email you with extra information regarding the booked event and attendance details/instructions as appropriate.
- Email you after you have attended the event with an invitation to review the event you attended.
All communications regarding a booking must be sent to or via us. We are not responsible for any actions resulting from communications that happen outside our knowledge or without us being informed.
9. Cancellations and Refunds
Any refunds granted will only be credited back to the credit or debit card or gift voucher used to make the initial purchase.
You can cancel your booking by accessing your "My Account" page or via your original event booking confirmation email, and following the 'Cancel Booking' link.
If you are granted a refund, an administration fee of 10% of the full ticket price will be retained.
You may cancel your booking before an event:
- If you provide us with sufficient advance notice you will be entitled to a refund (after deducting the administration fee of 10% of the full ticket price).
If you do not provide us with sufficient advance notice, you
will not be entitled to any refund.
- However, we will attempt to re-sell your tickets.
- Tickets thus put up for re-sale will only be sold after our initial allocation of tickets has been sold, and will be re-sold in the order in which they were cancelled.
- If we do successfully re-sell your tickets, we will notify you by email and give you a refund (subject to the 10% administration fee as above) for each ticket sold.
- 'Sufficient advance notice' is the number of days specified on the 'Booking Summary' page, which is displayed before you make payment for the booking. By default, this is:
- 4 days or more before the event for events in the 'Supper clubs & Popups' category.
- 15 days or more before events in all other categories.
- You will be reminded when booking and in subsequent confirmation emails how many days notice are required for that event in order to be entitled to a refund if you cancel.
- We, or our partner host, may, in exceptional circumstances, be forced to cancel an event — If you are affected, you will be notified via email and automatically given a full (100%) refund.
We, or our partner host, may, in exceptional circumstances, change a significant detail of an event (date, time, location, key activity or menu):
- If affected, you will be notified of the change by email and offered the option to:
- a) cancel and claim a full (100%) refund.
- or b) accept the new event details.
- You have 10 days post notification to make your decision.
- We will send you a reminder after 7 days if you have not responded by then.
- If you do not respond within 10 days after you are notified of an event change, we will assume that you have accepted the new event details and you will be notified of this by email.
- Once you accept the new event details (either actively or by default), your rights to cancel and claim a refund revert to that had you booked the updated event directly. i.e. you can cancel your booking and claim a refund subject to an administration fee if we are given sufficient advance notice.
If you attend an event booked via the website that you believe to be significantly different from (i.e. worse than) its description on the website, and you wish to request a refund:
- You must notify us within 2 days of the date of the event.
- We will then investigate the complaint by communicating with you and our partner host, and taking into account feedback or reviews from any other guests.
- We will decide whether to grant a refund or not, and grant it if appropriate, within 15 days of the date of the event.
- If a refund is granted, it may be in full or in part.
- Any refund granted, will be granted at our sole discretion.
10. Gift Vouchers
- An Edible Experiences Gift Voucher entitles the recipient to use the remaining amount specified on the voucher as payment towards booking events which are directly bookable on the site. A Gift Voucher cannot be used to purchase other Gift Vouchers.
- Gift Vouchers are valid for 1 year from the date they are sent to the recipient.
- Gift Vouchers are not exchangable or redeemable for cash.
- An Edible Experiences user account is required in order to claim a Gift Voucher you have received.
- The user account used to claim the gift voucher must be registered to the same email address to which the voucher was sent.
- Gift Vouchers are not transferable between Edible Experiences user accounts.
- When booking an event, your Gift Vouchers will automatically be used for payment, in expiry date order if you have multiple Gift Vouchers. If the total amount available on your vouchers is less than the payment required, you will be prompted to pay the balance by credit or debit card.
- If you cancel your booking to an event paid for in full or in part using Gift Vouchers, each payment source will be refunded the amount paid using that source, with any administration fees first deducted from Gift Vouchers in expiry date order.
- Gift Vouchers can only be used to pay the advance payment due at the time of booking, and cannot be used to pay any balance due in cash at a booked event.
- If you wish to cancel your purchase of a gift voucher, you can do so provided it has not yet been sent to the recipient. A refund will be made to your payment card subject to a 10% administration fee. Please reply to your receipt email or Contact Us on the site and quote your gift voucher ID from your purchase receipt email.
- Gift vouchers are not cancellable or refundable once they have been sent to the recipient.
- We will not accept liability for any gift voucher used fraudulently or without the intended recipient's permission. Please keep your Gift Voucher claim link and account login details secure.
11. Contact Information
We may be contacted:
- Using the 'Contact Us' page on the website.
- At our registered office of 165B Isledon Road, London N7 7JP, United Kingdom.
- By telephone at 0844 500 3119 (UK only)
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org